5. Bratislava – According to the Office of National Statistics, Slovakia is among the top 10 safest places to visit in this ongoing pandemic. Bratislava’s charming 18th-century town is known for its lively bars, restaurants, and pedestrian-only streets. Visiting here also puts you in a great position to explore cities such as Budapest, Vienna, or Brno. This is perfect if you are looking for a safe, cheap & cheerful city break.
4. Naples – With the very hot and humid summer weather easing away, now is the chance to see this wonderful city with very pleasant sunshine. Since this is also outside the peak travel season from July – August, you will get good deals on restaurants, tourist attractions, and even hotel rooms. Whether you are in the mood for a swim along the Amalfi coast, exploring ancient Pompeii, or eating a Nepalese pizza, Naples has got you covered.
3. Helsinki – Considering Finland can really put a dent in your wallet when traveling there, now is the time to take advantage of the high prices. Most hotels and hostels are keen to get people into their premises after seeing a massive decline in numbers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To do this, they put up excellent offers on rooms meaning now might be the best or only time to visit, especially if you usually travel on a budget.
2. Vilnius – If you want somewhere safe and avoid big groups of tourists, you should definitely check out Lithuania. The first thing you notice about the country’s capital is the baroque-style architecture in its compact medieval city center. Vilnius may not have as many tourist attractions as other baltic neighbors such as Riga or Tallinn, but during these strange times, safety along with relaxation is key to a great time away.
1. Valletta – Enjoy the Mediterranean climate with average highs of 28 degrees celsius. The historic walled city has been standing since 1555 and welcomes 1.2 million annually, which is impressive considering the entire population of Malta is just over 514,000. This is a great city to visit as it offers a completely different vibe to the cities of continental Europe. Visit Malta if you want to experience something different.