1. Freetown Christiania – This is a former military base that was taken over by hippies in 1971, but today it’s home to just over 900 people. Known as The Green Light District, it once sold all types of cannabis that were illegal elsewhere in Denmark. Today all the stalls have been forced to close, so expect to find colorful buildings and an area full of character.
2. Tivoli gardens – With a city-center location, lovely gardens to stroll around, and an amusement park for kids to thrill-seekers, you can see why this is the main attraction of Copenhagen. There’s always a festival atmosphere here, whether it is in summer with its free concerts, with acts such as Sting or Kanye West, or its magical Christmas market, with wooden huts selling hot chocolate in winter.
3. Canal tour – Experience the idyllic harbors and canals of Copenhagen with a canal tour and see top sights such as The Copenhagen Opera house, Amalienborg Palace, Christiansborg Palace, The little mermaid, and the Black diamond library. See and learn about the best of Copenhagen while having fun and relaxing.
4. Reffen Street Food Market – There are 3 reasons why you should visit here. 1. The food here is up there with the very best across all of Copenhagen and even Denmark itself. 2. It has the same style and vibe as the Budapest pub ruins, it just looks amazing! 3. If you’re on a budget, this is the place to come to as Copenhagen can be a very expensive city to visit.
5. Nyhavn – This is the prettiest area of Copenhagen, which says a lot considering there are quite a few of them! Its 17th-century waterfront canal will more than likely be the first picture that comes up if you search anything about Copenhagen. Be sure to walk on both paths so you can experience the shops and restaurants along the way but also get some fantastic photos from the other side!
Freetown Christiania – Free entry.
Tivoli gardens – Entry weekend 145 (19.50 Euro) DKK Unlimited rides 245 DKK (33.00 Euro).
Canal tour – Hop on Hop off 109 DKK (14.50 Euro).
Reffen street food – Free entry.
Nyhavn – Free entry.