5. HAVELSKA KORUNA – This is one of the cheapest places in all of Prague for a hot meal. Locals come to eat here on their lunch breaks for its extremely low prices along with its central location just 50 meters from the busy Wenceslas Square. If you are looking to eat with the locals and try some amazing traditional Czech cuisines such as svickova (Sirloin steak with vegetables) or some bread dumplings, this is where you should begin your searches.
ADDRESS: 21 a 23, Havelská 501, Staré Město.
4. BAGETERIE BOULEVARD – By far our favorite place to eat in Prague. Although baguettes aren’t traditional Czech foods, you can only find this chain of cafes in the Czech Republic. They offer breakfast rolls that start at just 69 CZK. For lunch, you can get a roll with soup for around 139 CZK, but our favorite thing about this place is the fact you can order picnic boxes that come with 4 different roll types, wedges, and a dip for 269 CZK. Once you buy this you can head to local parks and eat it with a view. ADDRESS: Na Příkopě 2, 110 00 Můstek, Czechia
3. JIDELNA MARJANKA – This is a budget travelers paradise. Here you can find numerous hot meals for around 100 CZK. They offer traditional Czech foods from a self-service stand. If you want to experience real Czech cuisine, in a local Czech neighborhood, Jidelna Marjanka has got you covered. Although they do offer Czech and English menus the English inside is not the best so it might be helpful to learn a small bit of Czech before you enter and the staff would really appreciate the effort.
ADDRESS: Na Bělidle 38, 150 00 Praha 5-Anděl.
2. PELMENARNA – This place is a bit of a hidden gem, you won’t find it in any guide books and we were very lucky to stumble across it. Situated in the New Town just a 10-minute walk from Wenceslas Square is this small and cozy dumpling restaurant. Anyone coming from the Old Town heading to Vysehrad should check this place out as it’s on the way. You can snap up 16 dumplings for just 85 CZK! ADDRESS: Štěpánská 538/11, 120 00 Nové Město.
1. JÍDELNA SVETOZOR – This is the number one place locals recommend to visitors wanting to try authentic Czech foods. Just a two-minute walk from Wenceslas Square in downtown Prague, you will get to enjoy a delicious meal for just 109 CZK, we highly recommend trying the goulash. While you are there you might also be happy to know you can get a large beer for just 29 CZK. ADDRESS: Vodičkova 791, 110 00 Nové Město.